Eno hammocks have become so popular among many campers.
Eno hammocks sparked an interest when I saw them on every camper’s Instagram post. They are colorful, and everyone swears by them. But why?
I took it upon myself to find if they are worth the hype and the price. After buying, I have to admit I have seen a couple of tremendous benefits in using Eno Hammocks. However, I have seen some cons too. Are they worth it? Read on to find out.
Table of Contents
- Are ENO Hammocks Worth It?
- Which Material Are ENO Hammocks Made Of?
- How Much Weight Does an ENO Hammock Hold?
- What is the Difference Between the Single ENO And Double Eno?
- How Much Does an ENO Hammock Cost?
- Does ENO Fix Your Hammock And Other Gear?
- What is the Warranty Policy on ENO Hammocks?
- What are the Pros and Cons of Using ENO Hammocks?
- Are ENO Hammocks Machine-Washable?
- What Are Some Of The Setup And Care Guidelines While Using An ENO Hammock?
- Final Word
Are ENO Hammocks Worth It?
Yes, they are worth it. Eno Hammocks are expensive, but you can’t buy gold with a nickel. They are made with nylon taffeta fabric which is durable and lightweight. Additionally, they can withstand 400 pounds, so they are perfect for campers who like to pack light.
Which Material Are ENO Hammocks Made Of?
Nylon taffeta is the material used to make ENO hammocks. It is a breathable material that makes the hammock comfortable. Nylon taffeta enables one to feel the breeze during summer.
Additionally, Eno hammocks are also waterproof. They are not easily damaged by water, but repeated exposure to water can damage them.
How Much Weight Does an ENO Hammock Hold?
The weight an Eno Hammock can hold is 400 pounds. The hammock can hold up almost anyone, but the essential factor to look at is the material used to mount the hammock. They should be durable enough to ensure that a heavy person does not fall or collapse.
A single Eno and double Eno can hold up the same weight, which is 400 pounds. No matter the size of an ENO hammock, they use the same material.
What is the Difference Between the Single ENO And Double Eno?
The main difference between single and double Eno hammocks is, the double has more room for two people. It can fit two people but consider the weight limit before using it.
A Singlenest is best for children and smaller people, while the Doublenest is also good for one or two. Additionally, a Doublenest is very comfy when sitting across it due to the extra length.
How Much Does an ENO Hammock Cost?
Many factors determine the cost of an Eno hammock;
The prices range from $60 to $100. This price represents the hammock on its own without hanging straps. However, it does come with carabiners.
Does ENO Fix Your Hammock And Other Gear?
ENO repairs your hammock as long as you have a warranty. They repair your hammocks in situations such as;
- If the knots in the hammock are fraying or become untied.
- If the hammock and the stuff sack detach.
- If the compression strap detaches from the stuff sack.
Additionally, ENO also repairs Lounger DL shock cord, tarp cord locks, and bug-net clips.
If you are looking to repair a big fabric, ENO does not do it. For small holes and burns, a hammock repair kit will help you fix them up easily.
You should keep in mind that ENO cannot give you another Tarp or Trailflyer if it goes missing. You have to buy another one.
What is the Warranty Policy on ENO Hammocks?
ENO provides a warranty of 2 years for their hammocks. However, they do not repair all the malfunctions.
Here are some of the things you should note in their warranty policy;
- ENO warrants that their products are in great condition and will not have manufacturing defects for two years since the purchase date.
- If you wish to return or exchange any product, first go to the retailer. All warranty issues will be evaluated for one-time replacement or repair.
- You have to fill out a warranty form before the item is processed.
- You should not ship the product before your application proceeds within two to three business days.
- ENO does not cover inbound shipping costs and does not assume responsibility if you lose inbound shipments.
- The warranty does not cover products purchased from unauthorized retailers; craigslist, amazon treasure trucks, Sierra trading posts, or eBay sellers.
- Products purchased from the sale section are not up for any exchanges or refunds.
- The warranty does not cover; UV damage, improper handling, lost items, typical wear and tear, elemental damage, or after-market design adjustments.
What are the Pros and Cons of Using ENO Hammocks?
Here is a list of the pros and cons of using ENO hammocks.
ENO hammocks have exceptional quality. They are made with nylon material which is lightweight and can hold up to 400 pounds. The Doublenest hammock can also hold 400 pounds, and it is made using triple-stitched seams.
ENO also assures people of quality by providing a two-year warranty for any manufacturing defaults that need repairs and a one-time replacement offer. It shows how ENO takes pride in the quality of its products.
An ENO hammock is lightweight. A Doublenest weighs 18 oz while the straps weigh 13 oz. The hammock also comes well-packed in its compact sack. The packaging makes it easy to carry on its own or in a bag pack. You can carry this hammock anywhere, whether to school, backpacking, or hiking.
Easy to set up
ENO hammocks are very easy to use. All you need is the ENO hammock and straps. They come with a carabiner which helps hook the straps and secure them around trees. You do not require any fancy way to tie an ENO hammock on a tree.
The removal process is also easy. All you have to do is stuff the straps and hammock into the stuff sacks, and you are done.
You Cannot Use It In Cold Climates
The nylon material used to make ENO hammocks is breathable and does not offer any warmth. You cannot use an ENO hammock during winter unless you add a sleeping bag, bed mat, and camping pillow. This can make your backpacking adventure tedious due to extra weight.
Many ENO hammock users say that they are adequate for two people. However, others say that you can end up squished together, so it is essential to know the other person well enough.
Color Could Be Darker Compared To Company-Picture
Some clients complain that what they ordered was different from what they received in terms of color. You might get a darker color compared to the company pictures on their website.
They Do Not Come with Straps
ENO hammocks do not come with straps upon purchase. You have to buy straps separately. The only thing an ENO hammock comes with is carabiners. If you are looking for the best straps for an ENO hammock, the best are Atlas suspension straps.
Pricier Compared To Other Hammock Brands
ENO hammocks are also known for their prices. Their price ranges from $60- $100, and you also have to purchase straps. Compared to other brands, which cost as low as $20, ENO hammocks are very expensive.
Are ENO Hammocks Machine-Washable?
Yes, ENO hammocks are machine washable. Using a washing machine is the easiest way to clean your hammock. Here’s is the process to wash your hammock using a washing machine;
- Remove the carabiners.
- Remove stains using a mixture of baking soda and water. Place the paste on the stain and let it settle for five minutes, then wipe it away.
- If your washer has an agitator, it is better to hand wash it.
- Add a tablespoon of mild detergent to the washing machine.
- Wash your hammock using the delicate cycle of the washing machine.
- Air dry your ENO hammock but not directly under the sunlight.
If you do not have a washing machine, you can hand wash your hammock. It is a simple strategy of caring for your hammock. Fill water into a container or any place that suits you best. Add a mild detergent and soft brush to remove dirt. Scrub any extra dirt with your hands and rinse it as many times as necessary until there is no more soap.
What Are Some Of The Setup And Care Guidelines While Using An ENO Hammock?
Here are some of the things you should remember while using an ENO hammock;
- Always check if the hammock is in good condition before use to ensure safety.
- Do not leave your hammock outside – The UV rays damage the ENO hammock by causing discoloration, fading, and making it brittle. Store your hammock inside your house or in a cool and dry place.
- Securely wrap your straps and carabiners. You can hang the hammock 18 inches above the ground for comfort. Also, ensure that your hammock does not hang too tight.
- Keep sharp objects such as car keys, or pocket knives away from your hammock.
- You can repair any small holes or burns on your ENO hammock using the Hammock Repair Kit.
ENO hammock has the top-notch quality and superior features. ENO provides a two-year warranty for their hammocks which shows how much they trust their products. Their hammocks are a bit pricey and only come with carabiners and a compact stuff sack, but their features are worth the price.