Beko is a relatively new household appliance brand in the US.
But the brand is an industry-leading manufacturer of consumer electronics and major appliances in Europe.
Beko makes high-quality freezers, with models including freestanding, top, and bottom freezers. Most of the options fall into the small to mid-sized categories. These energy-efficient freezers are engineered with innovative technologies, making them very reliable.
This quick guide will help you learn more about the brand.
Beko: A Quick Backstory
Beko Elektronik is a Turkish household appliance company founded in 1955 with headquarters in Istanbul.
The budget brand was established by Leon Bejerano and Vehbi Koc.
By the way, did you notice how both founders combined the two first letters of their surnames (Bejarano and Koc) to coin the name Beko?
In 2004, the manufacturer purchased Grundig – a major German electronics company.
A year later, over 50% of all the TV sets in Europe were manufactured by Beko and Vestel, another Turkish electronics company.
In 2014, Beko moved to take a bite out of the African market share. It sold tons of its products in Egypt and gained rapid popularity in that part of the world.
Inspired by its achievements and trusting its groundbreaking technologies, the appliance manufacturer debuted in America in 2016.
While the company is only a couple of years old in the US, it is quickly gaining ground, thanks to its focus on creating innovative household appliances that center on family health and wellness.
Beko has received multiple recognitions for its commitment to developing energy-efficient appliances. It won the 2021 Energy Star Sustained Excellence Award. This makes it three consecutive wins in a row (2019, 2020, and 2021).
That’s in addition to being the only home appliance brand recognized and honored every year since 2016 by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for helping to reduce electricity consumption across American homes.
Is Beko a Good Brand Fridge Freezer?
Freezers are considered good if they can keep your food fresh for a long time.
If a freezer can’t perform that one task efficiently, it is not a good product regardless of any bells and whistles.
That’s exactly where Beko freezers shine!
Its freezers may come at significantly low price points compared to other renowned names, but that doesn’t make the products inferior in any way.
Beko freezers are mostly apartment-friendly.
In other words, most of the refrigerators and freezers fall between 8 cubic feet and 19.9 cubic feet capacities.
This refrigerator capacity is smaller than a typical American-sized fridge.
However, that’s an advantage if you are looking for a refrigerator that will fit into a smaller space.
Still, have doubts?
It makes sense to be wary about appliance brands that are not so popular.
But to clear up any doubt about Beko’s experience here’s a quick rundown of its profile:
- Over 60 years of industry experience and coming up with innovative technologies
- Services more than 130 countries across the world
- Has a workforce of over 30,000 employees
- 22 production facilities across the globe
Apparently, Beko is a well-established appliance and consumer electronic brand in other parts of the world, even if it is the new kid on the block in the US.
How Long Does Food Stay Fresh In Beko Freezers?
Beko freezers may not boast of large capacities, but what they lack in size, they make up for in innovative food preservation technology.
With a focus on inspiring as many people as possible to choose healthy lifestyles, it is no surprise that Beko freezers are designed to keep food fresh for a long time.
Thanks to the brand’s patented HarvestFresh three-color light technology, the fridge freezers are designed to replicate natural photosynthesis.
This clever, groundbreaking technology helps to preserve the natural composition of stored foods longer than regular refrigerators.
The exact period the freezers will keep food fresh depends on the type of food.
Here’s a general estimation for how long different food items should last in the fridge freezers:
- Fresh meat: 3 – 5 days
- Cooked meat: 3 – 4 days
- Broth and gravy: 1 – 2 days
- Stuffed meat: 1 day
- Prepared meals: 3 – 4 days
- Soups and stews: 3 – 4 days
- Fresh eggs: 3 – 5 weeks
- Hard-boiled eggs: Up to 1 week
- Raw egg whites and yolks: 2 – 4 days
- Cooked fish: 3 – 4 days
- Smoked fish: Up to 14 days
- Cooked poultry: 3 – 4 days
Are Beko Refrigerators Reliable?
Beko freezers and refrigerators are very reliable. This is especially true with recent models.
Reliability is a crucial factor when shopping for freezers or refrigerators. That’s why the company put a great deal of effort into manufacturing dependable fridges and freezers that will serve its teeming customers for a long time.
Of course, Beko’s products are only a few years old in this part of the world.
That means I’ve only been using the brand’s freezer for only a few months, so I’m not in the best position to speak authoritatively about the model’s reliability.
That said, positive customer reviews on Beko freezers and refrigerators from users outside the shores of the US are simply overwhelming!
In addition to customer reviews, indications from top review sites suggest that Beko freezers are indeed reliable.
In fact, customers who have tested and used the freezers for several years tend to agree that reliability is a huge plus for Beko appliances, particularly the freezers and refrigerators.
Here’s something you can take to the bank:
Beko has a Trustpilot score of 4.1 out of 5 from more than 6,000 reviews!
While all of the above is true, a few older freezer models had a couple of issues regarding safety.
Thankfully, the company has long recalled them, and more recent products have no widespread safety or reliability issues.
That’s another way of saying the chances of frequent issues are very slim.
Plus, you won’t have to deal with the headaches of finding ways to prevent your food items from going bad.
What Are the Features of Beko Refrigerators?
The following are some of the standard features you can expect with most Beko fridge freezers:
- Active Fresh Blue Light: This feature mimics the sun’s natural 24-hour cycle to preserve the vitamins and nutrients in fruits and vegetables.
- NeoFrost Dual Cooling Technology: This feature prevents odor transfer and allows for optimal temperature control, thanks to a separate cooling element in the fridge and freezer.
- EverFresh+: This provides precise humidity management and temperature control. That means fresh produce will stay fresh inside the freezer for up to three times longer.
If you opt for a high-end model, you can expect to find all of these features included.
And talking about features, the Freezer Guard technology is one interesting innovation that gives Beko freezers an edge. With this feature, you can place your freezer just about anywhere in your home.
That means the freezer can go in the kitchen or garage.
You can choose to place the freezer in an outdoor building and the content will stay frozen, regardless of the temperature changes outside.
What Are the Best Beko Freezers and Refrigerators?
Beko freezers come in a few different categories.
Some of these include:
- Model BUFR2715SSIM (28” Stainless Steel Upright Freezer with Auto Ice Maker)
- Model BUFR2715MG (28” Manhattan Grey Upright Freezer)
- Model BUFR2715WH (28” White Upright Freezer)
- Model BFTF2716SSIM (28” Freezer Top Stainless Steel Refrigerator with Auto Ice Maker)
- Model BFTF2716BK (28” Counter Depth Top Freezer Black Refrigerator)
- Model BFTF2716SSIME (28” Freezer Top Stainless Steel Refrigerator with Auto Ice Maker)
- Model BFTF2716SS (28” Freezer Top Stainless Steel Refrigerator)
- Model BFTF2716WHIM (28” Freezer Top White Refrigerator with Auto Ice Maker)
- Model BFTF2716WH (28” Freezer Top White Refrigerator)
- Model BFTF27115SSIM (28” Freezer Top Stainless Steel Refrigerator with Auto Ice Maker)
- Model BFBF2413SS (24” Freezer Bottom Stainless Steel Refrigerator)
- Model BFBF2413SSIM (24” Freezer Bottom Stainless Steel with Auto Ice)
- Model BFBF2715GSIM (27” Freezer Bottom Black Glass Refrigerator with Auto Ice)
How Expensive Are Beko Appliances?
Beko makes more affordable appliances compared to other top-rated appliance brands in the United States.
Freezers and refrigerators from Beko are priced between $700 and $7,000.
Comparatively, Samsung’s models range from $769 to $4,600, while Bosch refrigerators are sold within $2,200 and $4,900.
How Long Is Beko Warranty?
You get to enjoy a 2-year full warranty on freezers and refrigerator products plus an extended Sealed System Warranty for three additional years covering components only.
The warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- You need to register your product
- The product must be in normal household conditions
- The freezer or fridge must be bought through an authorized dealer or reseller
- The warranty is not transferable
The factory warranty covers all refrigerators and freezers sold to original buyers in the United States, including Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Alaska, The Cayman Islands, and US Virgin Islands.
Beko may be relatively new in the United States but it has demonstrated its commitment to providing American households with high-quality home appliances.
The brand offers freezers that can go toe-to-toe with some of the more recognized names.
At least, 400 million satisfied customers across the world think so!