Hammocks are a camper’s best friend. There are other options such as tents, but more hikers are going the hammock way. However, the various choices in the market are making it hard to know which hammock brand is best.
When looking for a hammock, first look at what you need and where you are going. Is it backpacking, camping, or a hang with your friends? This will help you determine which hammock you should buy.
In this article, we will look at one particular hammock – Equip hammock. Are they any good? Read on to find out.
Table of Contents
- Are Equip Hammocks Good?
- Understanding Equip Hammocks
- Equip One Person Hammock
- Equip Two Person Hammock
- Equip Mosquito Hammock
- What Are Equip’s Warranty And Return Policy?
- Final Word
Are Equip Hammocks Good?
Equip hammocks are for campers, hikers, or backpackers looking for a quality hammock at a low price. They are durable and easy to set up. However, their worst con is that they are heavy. If you plan on going for a long backpacking trip, this is not the hammock for you.
Understanding Equip Hammocks
Equip hammocks suit every part of your life. They have hammocks for the park, trail, home, or town. Their comfort, style, quality, and value will Equip your life. They have three main types of hammocks including;
· One-Person Hammock
· Two-Person Hammock
· Mosquito Hammock
Equip One Person Hammock
The Equip one-person hammock is lightweight and portable. Hikers, travelers, and car campers looking to relax with a budget-friendly hammock should go for this one. It has a vast number of features. Even though it is light, it is not the lightest in the market. So, it is not suitable for longer camping trips.
Some of the features of an Equip one person hammock include;
The Equip one-person hammock is fit for a lot of people. It has a length of 116 inches and a width of 59 inches which gives one a lot of room to stretch and get comfortable. It can hold up to 400 pounds meaning small and big-bodied people can fit in it comfortably. Due to its weight capacity of 400 pounds, this hammock is great for two people. However, it will get very snuggly. This is why Equip has a two-person hammock which offers plenty of space.
The Equip one-person hammock comes with a hanging kit, two carabiners, and an attached carry pouch. This hanging kit is not tree-friendly. It is better to order a suspension kit or whoopie slings to hang the hammock easily.
It weighs 1.4 pounds which is light compared to other hammocks and tents. However, it is not the lightest hammock in the market. The ENO Singlenest and Kammok Roo are the lightest in the market and the better option if you are going for a long backpacking trip.
Equip one-person hammock is made using nylon which is lightweight, durable, and water-resistant. It is also breathable and fast drying. With this hammock, you won’t suffer from sweating or overheating. Additionally, it is excellent for humid temperatures since it dries fast. Nylon material is also an easy-to-clean material.
This hammock comes in various colors and prints, including indigo pink, purple lighting, coral gray, global rhombus, plaid, flamingo, and terrazzo.
The Equip one-person hammock ranges from $30 and $35 depending on the purchase location. You can get it from their website, Walmart, or other local stores.
- It is made of nylon material with great features; Lightweight, breathable, easy to clean, and water-resistant.
- It can hold up to 400 pounds which means it is excellent for both small and big-bodied people.
- It is price-friendly for a person with a low budget looking for a great hammock.
- It is not the best option for extended backpacking trips. With a weight of 1.36 pounds, it is not the lightest in the market.
- Its hanging kit does not work perfectly. You have to buy a suspension system to make the set-up process easy and environmentally friendly.
- Some people complain that fitting the hammock into the attached stuff sack can be challenging.
Equip Two Person Hammock
The Equip two-person hammock was made to fit two people. You can relax and experience great comfort if you are two people. The Equip two-person hammock was made with quality, comfort, and style in mind. It was designed for people going backpacking, hiking, or camping. You can hang this hammock anywhere; the woodlands, dorm room, and decks. It has a lot of features that make it the perfect hammock for two;
The Equip two-person hammock is made from nylon. It is a breathable, lightweight, durable, and water-resistant material. The material is also easy to clean and fast drying. This makes it perfect for both hot and humid areas. Additionally, the hammock has triple stitched seams which make it more durable. The water-resistant quality helps keep you dry and safe.
It weighs 1.98 pounds and measures 124 inches long and 76 inches wide. The size makes it comfortable for two people to use without too much snuggling. You have plenty of space to move and relax.
The weight capacity for the Equip two-person hammock is 500 pounds. The only thing you have to do is the math of how much you and your partner weigh together. After that, determine if you can fit in the hammock comfortably.
The set-up is similar to the one-person hammock. It comes with a hanging kit and an attached stuff sack which helps with easy set-up in a few minutes. On the other hand, the integrated stuff sack makes it easy to carry anywhere anytime.
The Equip two-person hammock price ranges from $40-$60. It is a very price-friendly hammock, given its quality and other features.
- It has a high weight capacity compared to other hammock brands. It can hold up to 500 pounds comfortably.
- The nylon material is great for campers. Its features such as being water-resistant, breathable, lightweight are perfect for camping and hiking.
- Price friendly- It is price friendly for the features and qualities it offers.
- It is very heavy for extended backpacking trips. The only lighter two-person hammock you can find in the market is expensive.
Equip Mosquito Hammock
If you are looking for a hammock set up with a low cost and tough material, the Equip mosquito hammock is a great choice. It can keep you safe from all types of bugs any time of the year. Here are some of the features of an Equip mosquito hammock;
The Equip mosquito hammock is also made of nylon material. It is breathable, lightweight, fast-drying, as said earlier. You can use this material in both hot and humid temperatures.
The Equip mosquito hammock measures 115 inches long and 59 inches wide. It weighs 2.5 pounds. Its size makes it comfortable for any person to use.
This hammock can hold up to 400 pounds like the Equip one-person hammock.
The Equip mosquito hammock comes with a hanging kit for easy set-up. It also comes packed in an attached stuff sack and two carabiners which make setting up easy.
The Equip Mosquito Hammock comes with an attached bug net zippered on the hammock to keep bugs away.
It comes in various colors such as navy palm, colorful line, blue solid, wood grain, and blue tribal.
The Equip Mosquito Hammock ranges between $40-$50.
- The hammock is made out of tough and durable construction and material.
- It comes with a zippered mosquito net to keep the bugs away.
- It is comprehensive and very comfy.
- It is the best hammock for short hikes.
- It is very heavy compared to other brands and bulky for hiking and backpacking. It takes more room while packing.
- It has a thick material making it very hot during summertime.
- Some campers complain that the zipper takes too long to zip up and keep jamming and leaving holes.
- Few people complain that the material is too noisy when sleeping on it.
What Are Equip’s Warranty And Return Policy?
Equip gives a warranty note before buying their products. They state that hammocks are not meant for permanent use outdoors. Continuous exposure to water and the sun can damage the quality over time. Their warranty does not cover environmental aspects.
If you want to return their products, you can contact them through email Equip@denovobrands.com. Here you explain the issue with detailed descriptions with pictures of the damage. Equip will later contact you for more information. If your product qualifies for an exchange or return, they will send you an accessory or replacement at no charge. If the hammock is not available, you receive the right to choose another pattern depending on availability.
Campers have different opinions when it comes to hammocks. However, they all agree on quality, durability, and comfort. Other than these, you have to look at how and where you will use the hammock.